Thursday, October 13, 2011

NewBeauty TesTube Review

If you are a regular reader of my blog then you know that I love beauty sampling programs. I have tried a lot. So far, I think New Beauty's TestTube may be my favorite. I have tried and actually liked everything in it. I first heard about New Beauty's TestTube on Youtube watching CrazzyShiv and Jalapena2007. The New Beauty TestTube is a Seasonal subscription. Each tube is $29.95 and the Deluxe samples you receive far exceed the price you pay for the tube. Not to mention that the Magazine itself is a $9.95 value. You will receive four boxes a year with the newest and best beauty products for that season, along with the latest New Beauty Magazine.You can also order a New Beauty TestTube subscription from QVC with a different selection of products. I believe it has more beauty products that you may already be familiar with like Tarte, and more Mally products.
 I was always a little unsure about ordering the TestTube because I heard from a lot of other Youtubers that it was more focused on anti-aging and cosmetic surgery. While I found that New Beauty's magazine had some articles regarding cosmetic enhancement it was by no means fully loaded with it. I found a lot of relevant articles for my own skin and for my age range, and what woman's magazine these days doesn't have at least one article in it promoting anti-aging products? The back of the magazine granted is dedicated to introducing you to the best doctors for Cosmetic Surgery, Dentistry, and Dermatology. I love this magazine, and I'm still reading it. It is the thickest magazine I have ever seen, and chock full great information.
 The TestTube itself has some amazing products, that I really love. My absolute favorite being Cosmedine Medi-Matte Oil Control Lotion. Oh I love it! I works amazingly well controlling my super oily skin. The downfall? It costs a whopping $40. Wah, wah waaah... In very close second is the Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner. It is so good, this baby will not budge! I had trouble getting it all off with soap and water alone. I actually had to use an eye makeup remover which is very rare, and it glides on like a dream.
  Ok let's go through what was in my TestTube.
  • Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner.  $46 (this is another love) 
  • Lashfood Natural Eyelash Conditioner 8ml $120 
  • Mally Evercolor Starlight Eyeliner $15
  • Loreal Paris Elnett Satin $14.99
  • Orlane Anti-Aging Skin Care Absolute Skin Recovery Smoothing Foundation $49.85
  • YBF Beauty Posing Plum Lip Liner $8.00
  • Sparitual Handprint Hand Serum 4fl oz $60.00
  • Macadamia Natural Oil, Healing Treatment & Deep Repair Masque: Oil Treatment $72, Repair Masque $49 
All in all I really like New Beauty's TestTube, my only concern being that I'll never be able to by these products in their full sizes. I think I'd like to try QVC's New Beauty TestTube next as the products they have in theirs seem to be more in my price range. You can subscribe to receive your TestTube subscription on their website: testtube.newbeauty.com. You can also check them out on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NewBeautyTestTube.
*The products in this review where sent to me for my consideration. I was not paid for this post. All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)