Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mally Beauty Shimmer, Shape and Glow Review



 Since having the opportunity to review some products from Mally Beauty several months ago.  Mally’s products have quickly become some of my favorite and most reached for beauty products. She really knows what works and what is flattering for everyone. Along with products that are flattering she ALWAYS has a demo video for every product with the best ways to apply and use her products, which I love! I love beauty products but I’m no expert and I appreciate Mally’s help.  My newest love from Mally Beauty? Mally’s Shimmer, Shape and Glow in Life is Lighter.

“This is the secret that all Mally’s celebrity clients swear by! “That thing” that Mally does that gives the superstar glow. The first Powder lifts and illuminates the cheekbones giving you the bone structure that you have always dreamed of. The second powder softly contours making you look like you lost 5 lbs. And the last powder makes you look like you had a beautifully romantic evening.”
Shimmer, Shape, Glow

 Using contour is something that I’ve only been doing for about a year, and in that year I’ve tried many different contouring powders, usually a deep brown color that I have to blend out because otherwise it looks like huge dark line on my face.  Even after blending sometimes I feel self conscious about it because I wasn’t sure whether I was using the right shade.  With Mally’s Shimmer, Shape and Glow, There are different shades meant for different skin tones, a set in peach tones, and another set in pinks.  Being used to the darker contouring shades I wasn’t sure about the contouring shade in the Life is Lighter compact, it is a very soft brown color and my first thought was “well this isn’t going to shape my face very well.” I was so wrong! The effect of this set is amazing, the colors are so subtle but the effect is dramatic, and I don’t leave the house self conscious about whether I have a dark line across both of my cheeks.  The highlight is far from being white and glittery which we know is a no no. It is a soft taupey pink, and the blush color is a very soft peach, with very fine peach flecks. The blush has little pigment (see swatch on far right) but does just what it says, adds a little bit of color adding a soft glow to the cheeks.  

 For me Mally’s Shimmer, Shape and Glow is my new must have. I have been using the highlight and shaper in this compact, but switching out the blush colors depending on my mood as the blush in this compact is very light and sometimes I want a little more color.  Shimmer, Shape and Glow retails for $40 and can be purchased on the Mally Beauty website.

*I was sent a sample of Mally Beauty's Shimmer, Shape & Glow to facilitate this review. I was not paid for this review. All opinions are my own and 100% Honest.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)