Saturday, November 12, 2011

Myface Cosmetics Review

 Have you ever spotted a gorgeous lipstick or eye shadow at the store and brought it home only to find that it was a terrible color on you? Yeah, me too. I hate it when that happens and unfortunately it happens quite a bit, especially because I have yet to find the right shade of red lipstick that doesn't look plain hideous. Well, with MyFace Cosmetics that problem is solved. They ask you to choose your skin tone and then match you with foundation, lip products, and eye shadow that will compliment your skin tone rather then wash you out or look just plain heinous. If your not sure just what skin tone you fall into, they have a short quiz on their website to help you figure it out.
"The brainchild of John Frieda and Gail Federici (creators of Frizz Ease/Sheer Blonde hair care ranges). Myface Cosmetics, is makeup for the 21st century. The combination of top quality European formulas, compelling colors and unique "pay offs" have become the Myface signature statement. Makeup is more than pressed powders and foundations; it is a tool that can telegraph moods, make a statement, tell the world who you are."
 While I haven't sampled that part of their product line. I did get to try out a few products from their Bling line which is designed to match all skin tones. I was sent 2 eyeshadows in Silver Screen and Bellbottom Blues, with 2 nail polishes that are the exact same colors, Silver Screen and Bellbottom Blues. When I first pulled these shadows out of the box I wasn't sure about the Bellbottom Blue, but let me tell you it is just gorgeous. The prettiest shade of blue and a shimmer that gives your eyes the look of having on wet or cream shadow. The Silver Screen is just as gorgeous with the same wet effect and high shimmer. These shadows are definitely not for those like don't want to be noticed. They are bright and the shimmer is eye popping. Perfect for a night out. I've already got a plan to use these colors for my New Years Eve night out. The shimmer could almost be described as glitter, but without the giant flakes, a really fine glitter. Which is a huge plus. Be forewarned that even the skilled makeup artists are going to get some glitter fall out. I recommend doing your eyes first before applying the rest of your face makeup because of the glitter that will inevitably fall. I took about a million pictures and none of them do justice to the colors and glittery shine. I love these shadows!  These shadows retail for $18 and you can find them here:Blingtones Eyes.



The polishes dried really fast and smoothly. They dried into a what I would describe as a chrome finish, but glossier. Usually I dislike chrome polish because it dries matte, but this polish has a slight gloss finish. You can snag this polish for $10 and can be found here: Blingtones Nails.
 

 Last but certainly not least. I was sent the Slinky Matte Liquid Eyeliner. This eyeliner is great, glides on easily, dries quickly and stays put. Like its name implies it dries perfectly matte. Doing my research on this product I found that Myface Cosmetics states that you can also apply it over tattoos to refresh the black color. Intrigued,  I tried it on a little piece of my tattoo and was pleasantly surprised to find that it does indeed give my tattoo the look that it is still new. I totally forgot about it and went to bed without washing it off, and it looks even better the next day, but it definitely won't survive the shower. Now if I could only stay in the lines of my tattoo when tracing the eyeliner on. I'd be all set. This liner retails for $12.Check it out here: Eyes 


 The Verdict? I love this brand. The colors are beautiful, the color pay off is huge, and they are really high quality. Definitely a great buy.I would really love to try their product line based on product designed for your skintone. Myface Cosmetics is a UK based company and as of right now you can only purchase their products online here: Myface Cosmetics. 
  You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter.

*The products in this review were sent to me for my consideration. All opinions are my own and 100% honest. I was not paid for this review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)