Monday, July 02, 2012

June Starbox by Starlooks Review

 **If you sign up, I would love for you to let them know that Kristy's Place Reviews referred you.**


 Finally a beauty subscription service that ships nothing but makeup! One of my readers tipped me off to a company called Starlooks and their monthly subscription service, Starbox. When I saw that it was nothing but makeup I freaked, this is exactly what I had been looking for.

With the Starbox you are getting 3-4 FULL SIZE handpicked Starlooks products. Starlooks cosmetics are Cruelty, Lead and Emollient Free.  Since I had never heard or used Starlooks cosmetics before, I had no idea what to expect as for the quality of the products. After using them I can tell you the quality is amazing. Colors are all well pigmented, pencil was smooth, eyeshadow is finely milled, and the brush is so soft and had zero fallout.

So let me tell you exactly what was in my June Starlooks shipment: 

  • Caricature: Eyeshadow- A super smooth, fine, color-saturated eye shadow. Can be worn as a base or accent color. This has hints of Seafoam green, baby pink and a light smoke that reflect glamorously in the summer sun or party lights! $9.00
  •  Mystic: Diamondline Pencil – This ultra smooth eyeliner is waterproof, and designed to be used on the inside waterline of the eye, as well as an eyeshadow base, and for lining the outside of the top and bottom lashes. $8.00
  • Black: Precision Eye Pen- The sharpest most pigmented, blackest, most brilliant liquid Definer Pen in the industry. Doesn’t dry out quickly, place a perfectly crisp, black line over the lightest eyeshadows without smearing, and is water resistant! $11.00
  •  813: Small Precision Brush-This incredibly soft, tiny brush is meant for the application of eyeshadow to the inside corner of the eye or bottom eyelid, and is also perfect for smudging/blending the eyeliner pencil, after it is applied, to create a “softer, more diffused look.” Use this anytime a small amount of product is to be applied. $15 

   Total Value of June’s Starbox: $43 
 I created the look below using all the products in June's Starbox. 
  1. Apply Caracature from lash line to crease.
  2. Then apply the DiamondLine in Mystic in a V shape onto the outer corner.
  3. Use the 813 Precision brush to smudge and blend out the Mystic Diamond line. Blending towards center of lid.
  4. Line your tight line using the Black Precision Eye Pen slightly winging out the ends. 
  5. Line lower water line with Diamondline in Mystic. Use remaining product on 813 Precision Brush to smudge slightly under lowers lashes.
  6. Apply your favorite mascara and voila a simple look. 



 At $15 + $1.98 S/H a month you are definitely getting your money’s worth, and minus mascara June’s Starlooks box includes everything you need for a complete eye look. I’m love, love, loving Starbox. Finally, a company heard the call for a subscription box with nothing but makeup and answered it! I cannot wait to see what is in July’s Starbox. 

 As well as having a monthly the Monthly option, you can subscribe yearly for $170. Find Starlooks on their website: www.starlooks.com as well as their Facebook page

**If you sign up, I would love for you to let them know that Kristy's Place Reviews referred you.**

 * I received a sample of June's Starbox from Starlooks for the purposes of this review. I was not paid for this review. All opinions are my own and 100% honest*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments! :)